Wednesday, March 04, 2009

March already

I have had a very busy last two weeks and now my body is rebelling by allowing a cold virus to take over my head.
Two weeks ago we drove to Seattle on Sunday afternoon. Took the grand girls on a little "Field Trip". Toured the Pacific Science Museum (saw Lucy the 3.2 million year old fossil and lovely butterflies) then drove home on Tuesday. Not a bad trip.
Wednesday is my Sewing day at the Church. Then on Thursday and Friday I had meetings concerning Uma (but that's a different story).
Left Friday at noon to go to the Puyallup Sewing Expo. (Luckily I didn't have to drive this time.) This Expo is held in two exhibit halls on the fair grounds in Puyallup (just south of Seattle). Four hundred vendors, three hundred siminars, in depth workshops and free style shows. Much too much to see in two days but the body (read feet and legs) can only take so much. After just two days we wearily drove home Sunday night.
Monday morning Jerry went in to get his gall bladder removed. The 11 o'clock surgery didn't start until after 2 in the afternoon. He stayed overnight. Came home Tuesday and is doing just fine. No pain. We went grocery shopping in fact on Tuesday. What a guy.
So I'm off today to facilitate the sewing room at church. I am getting more of the downtown people coming in now. It is wonderful to see how appreciative they are for the opportunity to repair a backpack or put together a jeans quilt.
Italian has gone by the wayside for this month. I'll start again in April. Ciao.

No comments: